Thursday, February 28, 2008

Obama is Awesome! But...

Please, tap on the brakes:
Cults of Personality
Are what gave us Bush.

5 comments:

Aidan Doherty said...

Dearie aye. I wouldn't put it past them to stage it, if only to enhance his charisma. Perhaps to attract the religious conservative types, who might eventually start to "see" divine forces driving his words?

Loot said...

You're not the first to suggest that, but I personally doubt it. I think it's more likely that people faint at Obama rallys because they're cramed into a tightly packed room, standing up for extended periods of time. After a while, people with poor circulation are bound to get light-headed, especially if they're very excited at the time.

Aidan Doherty said...

Yeah, and the article also suggested that it's happened at Hillary's a few times. But notice how attention was brought to it at Obama's rallies?

Not that I'm against him. At this point, I'm fairly neutral in the Obama vs. Clinton debate.

Loot said...

Oh, I like the both tremendously. I have nothing but respect for both. I also believe that the cult of personality that surrounds Obama rose spontaneously; it's hard to plan something like that. However, even though I like and respect the person, I am uncomfortable with any person that inspires a religious fervor in masses of people. It means they're turning off their brains, and leaving logic out of the equation, a dangerous mindset in an election.

Aidan Doherty said...

I agree